Monday, February 11, 2013

My Bronze Beauty - I-gen i20 Sportz (P)

I am an automobile enthusiast and always try to stay updated with the development in the Indian automobile industry.




My current favorite Indian car is the i-Gen i20; i might be a bit biased as I am a proud owner of one. Even though the new Swift gives it a tough competition, I feel Hyundai has understood the Indian buyers' needs and has delivered it to the T.


 i20 comes (over)loaded with gadgets and gizmos. Its got all the bells and whistles required to attract the Indian consumers. It has brought so many first in the class features like auto headlights, DRLs, rain sensing wipers, rear parking camera assist, electrically retracting ORVMs etc. 

The build quality of this Korean make is much superior to the Swifts, Figos, Indicas et al. The dual- tone interior with a generous helping of chrome gives it the feel of a luxury sedan. The 1.2 litre dual VTVT engine though might be a bit underpowered but when the turbo kicks in, its a beast on prowl.

The second gear has a noticeable lag, but you can still overtake other cars easily. The steering wheel has been criticized by one and all for being light and non- responsive, but it feels just fine in my hands and I love the fact that I can steer the car with the touch of a finger. Steer- mounted controls and a sporty 3 - spoke steering wheels are also a big plus as they lend a sporting look to the car. 

The suspension is the only negative that I can think of. It being very soft is good for low speed driving but on high speed, there's a risk of the car bottoming out on big potholes. The mileage is comparable to the best in the category and even the ASS is light on the wallet. 

All in all, its a luxury sedan meant for comfortable driving and I am loving it!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the exact same model...any updates on its performance so far?

Thanks!

Buy Contact Lenses Online in India said...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

Learn Digital Marketing said...

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

InsurTech 2.0

The Life Insurance industry is going through a disruption, as we see a lot of tech giants getting converging in the Insurtech space. This...